Mr. Chin Lai Sitt
Mr. Chin Lai Sitt
FRISM, FRICS, LLB (Hons) U.K., CLP (MALAYA)
Chartered Surveyor, Registered Valuer, Property Manager & Estate Agent
Advocate & Solicitor (Non-Practicing)
In the property field since 1973
- Fellow of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (UK).
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Surveyors, Malaysia.
- Registered Valuer (V118) under The Board of Valuers, Appraisers & Estate Agents, Malaysia.
- Registered Estate Agent (E57) under The Board of Valuers, Appraisers & Estate Agents, Malaysia.
- Licensed Auctioneer in Wilayah Persekutuan, Kuala Lumpur and Selangor Darul Ehsan.
- Bachelor of Law (LLB(Hons)) from United Kingdom.
- Passed the Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) Examinations, Malaya in 1998 and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya on 26/3/1999.
BACKGROUND / WORKING EXPERIENCE
Mr. Chin was elected a Professional Associate of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors in 1980 while with the City Hall of Kuala Lumpur (1973 – 1980) and later elevated to Fellow of the same Institution in 1988. During his 7 years in government service, he held a variety of important portfolios covering all aspects of valuation and land administration. In 1980, he joined Colliers, Jordan Lee & Jaafar Sdn Bhd. He was personally involved and responsible for the success in executing the contracts relating to rating revaluation of holdings/hereditaments for the Kuantan Municipal Council – 18,000 holdings (1980 – 1981) and Municipal Council of Central Malacca – 75,000 hereditaments (1983 – 1985).
He was appointed as a Director of Colliers Jordan Lee & Jaafar Sdn Bhd in 1982 and the Chairman from February 2000 till early 2012. Mr. Chin has conducted various capital and rental valuations of land, houses, buildings, and other properties for various purposes. He was personally involved in valuation of overseas properties mainly for Securities Commission purpose in Thailand (1982), Tashkent, Uzbekistan (1994), Seychelles Islands (1993 & 1996), Argentina (1998), Uruguay (1998), Melbourne, Australia (1999) and Shanghai, China (2004).
Being a valuer as well as a lawyer, Mr. Chin has added advantage, expertise, competence and special flair in undertaking compulsory land acquisitions assignments for purpose of making claims for compensation. The projects undertaken are road improvements of NKVE (1990), Ampang Elevated Highway (1997), LDP (1999), SPRINT (2000), NPE (2000), Jalan Klang Lama (2001), SMART Tunnel (2003), MEX (2004), DUKE (2005), LATAR (2007), Jalan Segambut (2008), Sungai Besi Expressway Extension (2010) and others road and drainage / flood mitigation projects undertaken by DBKL. He has also been appointed by the Kuala Lumpur High Court and High Court of Shah Alam to serve as assessor in Land References cases.
He was a committee member and also an examiner for the professional examinations in the PCVS Division of ISM for many years.